[rt-users] Changing the Subject line.

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Mar 4 13:35:17 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 09:09:31AM -0500, Thomas Earl wrote:
> i.e. helpdesk at blah dot com sends back a subject of Helpdesk Ticket
> #XXX and client-support at blah dot com sends back Client Support Ticket
> #XXX.
>
> I have read other threads posted to the mailing list and I'm concerned
> that RT won't be able to find the ticket if they are responded to...

I misread your message, I apologize.  Yeah, clearly, RT has to continue
to be able to find it's ticket number in the messages.  I don't know
for certain, but from looking at the message headers, I suspect the
text in the header is a fallback, in case the user's MUA fails to copy
the headers to the reply.

If that's the case, then the headers may solve your problem.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me