[rt-users] can't log in to web interface with fresh RT install on OSX

Chris Devers cdevers at pobox.com
Mon Mar 7 18:12:04 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Chris Devers wrote:

> If this is a FAQ and a variant of this question can be found in the
> archives, I apologize, but several minutes of poking around in the
> archives and in the wiki didn't give me any leads here.
>
> I'm trying to set up RT 3.4.1 on a Mac, running OSX 10.3.8, and the
> built in Perl (5.8.1), Apache (1.3.33), and mod_perl (1.26).
>
> The install appears to go smoothly, and when I try to load RT in the
> web interface, I get the login screen. This is as far as I can get
> though. If I log in, I'm immediately sent back to the login screen, no
> matter what I use for login credentials: root/password didn't work,
> and going into MySQL and deleting the value for the password field
> (which seems like an emergency way to have a blank password) didn't
> help either.
>
> When trying to access the site, nothing relevant shows up in Apache's
> access_log or error_log, or in /var/log/system.log -- just normal GET
> requests recorded in the access log file.

...and, as noted in later messages in this thread, rt.log doesn't show
any activity either, even though RT_SiteConfig.pm has it set to 'debug'.

Has anyone seen this problem, and worked past it?

A google search of the list archives for login issues turns up lots and
lots of hits, but a lot of the threads don't seem to have a resolution:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Flists.bestpractical.com+login>

I'd be happy to provide more configuration details if it would help.

--
Chris Devers