[rt-users] Need some advice with a query string

Domain Hostmaster hostmaster at webexc.com
Thu Mar 10 12:33:22 EST 2005

Greetings all,

RT 3.2.2
FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE-p5
MySQL 4.0.18

   I'm running into an odd problem with a query string on RT.  We have
several queues, and I personally have to monitor three of them.
Right now the Query that runs as my home page is:

Status !=resolved
AND Status !=rejected
AND
   Queue = queue1
   OR Queue = queue2
   OR Queue = queue3

What I need it to be is:
Queue = Queue 1
OR
Queue = queue2
   AND Status !=rejected
   AND Status !=resolved
OR
Queue = queue3
   AND Status !=rejected
   AND Status !=resolved

The reason for this is, I have one queue that is a call tracking queue,
and even when resolved, I need to be able to view those tickets.
However, when I run the query builder, even under advanced mode, I can
get the query built, until I try to search or save it.  At that point,
it replaces the OR aggregators to AND, which results in no tickets
displayed, as they don't exist in multiple queues.
Any advice?

--
Jon Catron
Webexcellence