[rt-users] Approval by group

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Sat Mar 12 13:26:44 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 06:07:30PM -0500, William Faulk wrote:

> Well, it works for a user, as long as I specify the user's email address
> instead of his login ID.  What value needs to go in that field in order
> for it to reference a group instead?
>
> -Bitt

I looked into the RT code and think I have an answer. RT is using the
Action/CreateTickets.pm module to do this work. Looking at that
code, the example suggest that AdminCc template field needs to be
an e-mail address, but looking further it takes whatever you
give it and feeds it as arguments to Ticket::Create(). Looking
at that code (Ticket_Overlay.pm) we see that Create tries to do
a LoadOrCreateByEmail for the AdminCcs _unless_ the AdminCc is
a number, in which case it is the PrincipalId of the user/group.

So this is what I would try in your template:

AdminCc: {RT::Group->new($RT::SystemUser)->Load("Unix")->PrincipalId()}

Let me know how it works.

-Todd