[rt-users] How to create a Shared Requestor Account

Steven Halpern shalpern at biopharm.com
Tue Mar 15 07:22:18 EST 2005

I have a group of 5 users who need to share a Requestor account.
They all have the "Let this user access RT" access control.
I tried adding their individual e-mail address in the Email field of the New User screen.
When one of the five creates the ticket.  All five get the announcement of the ticket creation.  But none of the 5 get any additional updates.
What I found was that the header of the ticket shows the user e-mail addresses as the Requestor, not the shared account name.  The People link (Watchers screen) shows the same.  When I change the Watchers screen to delete the individual e-mail addresses as requestors and add the Shared name as the Requestor, the system now e-mails updates to all users correctly.  It also still shows the individual e-mail addresses on the header but the Watcher stays the shared name.

Also, there is a character limit on the Email field, so I can only enter the first 4 emails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven Halpern