[rt-users] CC added via email that follows ticket until resolution

Beno Chapman beno_chapman at wgbh.org
Tue Mar 15 22:09:53 EST 2005

Hello,

We have been using RT for sometime now at my workplace and recently I
have been placed in charge of it's administration.  Overall I'm quite
pleased with it's usefulness.

I have a question regarding the use of cc's in RT 2.  I have a queue
used by one department and monitored by three developers.  Only three
users in the dept. are allowed create tickets, as per the project
manager's request.  One of the three users is cc'd on every ticket
created.  They would like to have the option to add a cc to a ticket
and have that cc live with the ticket for the duration of the ticket.
Right now, AFAIK the "on the fly" cc will only live with the
transaction and every eventual transaction for that ticket will not
include that cc, unless the person that is to be cc'd is added as a
watcher through the web portal.  Is there a way of attaching a cc,
through email, at any point during the life-span of the ticket and have
the new cc follow the ticket for each transaction, except comments.

I am new to the list and I am not sure if this has been answered yet.
If so, please point in the direction of any docs.

Thanks in advance
Beno Chapman