[rt-users] CC added via email that follows ticket until resolution

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Mar 16 10:38:43 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:09:53PM -0500, Beno Chapman wrote:
> I have a question regarding the use of cc's in RT 2.  I have a queue
> used by one department and monitored by three developers.  Only three
> users in the dept. are allowed create tickets, as per the project
> manager's request.  One of the three users is cc'd on every ticket
> created.  They would like to have the option to add a cc to a ticket
> and have that cc live with the ticket for the duration of the ticket.
> Right now, AFAIK the "on the fly" cc will only live with the
> transaction and every eventual transaction for that ticket will not
> include that cc, unless the person that is to be cc'd is added as a
> watcher through the web portal.  Is there a way of attaching a cc,
> through email, at any point during the life-span of the ticket and have
> the new cc follow the ticket for each transaction, except comments.

I use 3 rather than 2, but I *think* that if you go to the people
section of the ticket explicitly, and modify the lists, you're
modifying them for the ticket header, rather than a specific
transaction.  At least, I'm fairly certain that's what it does in 3...

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me