[rt-users] I've re-ip'ed my machine and RT does not function correctly

Ennis William McCaffrey ennis at mail.twcgb.net
Fri Mar 18 15:22:29 EST 2005

Can anybody help me out here?

I had RT running on my machine in my office with the following ip address:
172.16.0.74

I had a static map on my firewall from an external ip to the one.

RT was happy!

I moved the box to our data center and gave it a new ip addres, 172.16.0.16 .

I also changed my static map accordingly.

Now RT is accessable via the external ip address, but if I try to http to
172.16.0.16 I get the "You're almost there!" web page.

I'm racking my head and cannot figure what went wrong.

How do I get apache (I think) to recongize RT on the internal (172.16.0.16) ip
address as well as on the external (24.106.37.220) ip address?

Here is my /etc/httpd/conf.d/rt3.conf file:

NameVirtualHost 24.106.37.220
NameVirtualHost 172.16.0.16

<VirtualHost 24.106.37.220 172.16.0.16>
   ServerName trs
   DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

   # these four lines apply to Apache2+mod_perl2 only: {{{
   PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
   PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
   # }}}

   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

   <Location />
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>