[rt-users] Sub Queues

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Mar 21 18:22:43 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 04:32:36PM -0600, Ennis William McCaffrey wrote:
> I have two questions regarding sub-queues:
>
> 1. does RT support them?

Not directly, I don't think, no.

> 2. and if so how do you use them?
>
> I would like to see a hierachy in the queue structure, such as
>
> Queue
> -----
>
> "PM Work" (the first level queue)
>    "Larry's work load" (sub-queue of "PM Work" queue)
>    "Bob's work load" (again, a sub-queue of "PM Work" queue)

> Does anyone have an idea of how to implement this queue architecture?

Presumably the thrust of your question is that you want to be able to
have individual queues for each tech, and also be able to see a rollup
display with all?

I'm not so sure, personally, that you really *ought* to have everyone's
tickets in individual user queues, but that might be just me.

But if you wanted to simulate the super-queue rollup report, you could
probably do that with a saved query, assuming you have the appropriate
permissions on all the queues.  I suspicion that the MIT people might
have something to say about this issue, too, based on the queue names
they show in their training booklet.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me