[rt-users] Suggestion regarding tickets created by the "Out of Office" agent in Notes

Russell Mosemann mose at ns.cune.edu
Wed Mar 23 18:31:14 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us wrote:

> 4) If we close the ticket that was auto created before they get back from
> vacation, this whole process starts over again.

I don't have a solution for the general problem, but for step 4, here are
some possibilities.

1. change the status to "rejected", which closes the ticket without
sending an autoreply

2. delete the ticket, which hides it (we don't allow delete permission
here, though)

3. Merge the autoreply into the original ticket (because it could help to
know they were out when it was resolved) and close the original ticket,
again (only works if you've implemented my OnResolveOnce action)

Yes, I know.  I'm going to get an autoreply from somewhere when I send
this. :-)

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"Will reading a PowerBook make you computer literate?"