[rt-users] Recommendation on RT 3.4.1 Installation Packages?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Mar 24 12:53:35 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 04:23:21PM -0800, Mike Friedman wrote:
> o Is it true that I don't need mod_perl at all, especially if I go with
> Apache 2.x and FastCGI?  A confusing statement in the docs is this:
>
>   mod_perl 2.0 isn't quite ready for prime time just yet;
>   Best Practical Solutions strongly recommends that sites
>   use Apache 1.3 or FastCGI.
>
> Does this mean I could use Apache 2.x + FastCGI and forget mod_perl?  Or
> must I use Apache 1.3 anyway in order to avoid mod_perl 2.0?

I believe I'm responsible for that specific language; I was expanding
what I found there when I showed up on the wiki.  Since then, as I've
also noted, the situation has changes; the other gent is running ok,
and I too am installed using 2.0.50 and MP2.0.0-rc4.  I wouldn't say my
installation is running *perfectly*; my page return time seems 4 or 5
seconds longer than the response times I see on the footers, so I might
have a config problem, and it might be MP2, but I can't testify to it.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me