[rt-users] Apache problem

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Mar 24 13:12:13 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 10:07:48AM -0800, Frank Saxton wrote:
> So just to review, after following all of the instructions,. tips and so on
> that I could find, when I try to start apache with either
>
> PerlModule Apache::DBI or
> PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl in httpd.conf
>
> I get a can't locate Apache/DBI.pm error message

*Aha*.

(It's a detective thing.  :-)

> The file exists in /usr/lib/perl5/....... but whatever is looking for it can't
> find it.  I'm guessing this is a very simple thing to fix if I just knew how
> to help Apache find this needed file.  That's all I really need help with and
> I'm guessing I will be very close to good to go once that's solved.

I solved it by copying the DBI.pm file I *did* have to the parent of
the directory it lived in, wherein mod_perl located it, with the
results I've mentioned previously.  (Works, apache slow -- apache is
slow on standard files, too; it might just be apache).

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me