[rt-users] RT and Exim

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Mar 25 14:11:26 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 03:45:20PM +0100, sylvain secret wrote:
> I red full of documentation, but i don-t understand if
> when a contact reply to a ticket send by rt, does this
> mail can implement itself in the rt database or do i
> implement it manualy??

I *think* you're asking: when someone replies to an email about a
ticket from RT, will that reply be attached to the ticket
automatically?"

And, if you have your mailgate set up and running correctly, the answer
should be "Yes."

Try it and see... :-)

I, personally, have a follow-up question for the crowd: if you get a
comment in your mail because you're an adminCC, *and you reply to it*,
what happens?  I expect it to realize you were replying to a comment,
and *not* make your reply public; is that what happens?  (My mailgate
isn't running yet; I have Cyrus/PGsql issues with Postfix, so alas, I
can't take my own advice :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me