[rt-users] RT and Exim

Russell Mosemann mose at ns.cune.edu
Fri Mar 25 14:35:51 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> I, personally, have a follow-up question for the crowd: if you get a
> comment in your mail because you're an adminCC, *and you reply to it*,
> what happens?  I expect it to realize you were replying to a comment,
> and *not* make your reply public; is that what happens?  (My mailgate
> isn't running yet; I have Cyrus/PGsql issues with Postfix, so alas, I
> can't take my own advice :-)

The message will come from blahblah-comment at blah.com.  That's the key.
When the reply is sent, it will go to the comment alias, which tells
rt-mailgate to add this as a comment.  If you have rights to add comments
to tickets in that queue, then your message will be added as a comment.
If you were copied on the comment but you don't have rights to add
comments, then your reply won't be added to the ticket.

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"Mathematics is just a means to an n."