[rt-users] How to reset the ticket counter

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Mar 28 23:49:30 EST 2005

--On Monday, March 28, 2005 7:11 PM -0800 jay alvarez <rtb0y at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>   After newly installing rt3, I've made a couple of
> tests on creating tickets through email. Now I can't
> find the docs on how to reset these counters. Do you
> know how. It seems like counters aren't being reset
> even if the ticket is deleted. I'm sure there's a good
> reason behind thi.

Because RT never really deletes anything.  You're just marking the ticket's
status as deleted, go into the database, they're still there.  If oyu want
to reset counters and start fresh, reinstall/reinit the database.

> Also, I've noticed that when rt
> sends email to the requestor, the reply-to it places
> in its email is the one defined in CorrespondAddress
> but it would be nice if there a way to set this to the
> email of the User or Staff who have replied to the
> email or is working on the ticket? Same as with cc and
> bcc.

You don't want this.  RT manages the ticket flow, who gets copied, who
receives copies, etc. all while keeping a history of the ticket so if Joe
is sick, or if there's a question on what Joe told Alice who's claiming Joe
said such and such in an email, you know what was really said.  Plus if Joe
calls in sick, his tickets can be followed by Tom or John.  You and your
customers will *ALWAYS* send their email to <rt address>@<your domain>.
You can have per-queue addresses if you wish too.  RT can make a 'pretty'
name that says something like 'Jay via RT' where Jay is the first name
field form the user's profile, but I've found this confuses stupid mail
programs (Outlook, Netscape, Eudora...) that try to capture every address
that comes by and stuff it into their address books.

All names are fictitious obviously ;).