[rt-users] parent/child tickets

Raed El - Hames r at elhames.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 17:28:37 EST 2005

http://svn.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi/bps/checkout/rt/branches/3.2-RELEASE/docs/design_docs/link-definitions.txt?rev=1225
> > updating a parent should update the child (I am assuming that the
Memberof
> > discussed in the above link means Parent/child), now I am not sure if
there
> > is something broken in my installation but whenever I update the parent
this
> > update is not propagated to the  children of this ticket .. Any help
will be
> > greately appreciated !!
> > I am running RT3.2, on Gentoo, searchbuilder 1.16, perl,Mysql ..I think
this
> > should cover it for this query!!
> >
> > Roy
> >

> What do you mean, "updating a parent should update the child"?
>
> They are linked but they are two separate tickets.
>
> -Todd
I wrongly assumed that a parent/child relation will involve an action on a
parent being propagated to the child, and update to the parent will also
update the child ..
But as I said now I know I was wrong .... I am writing an action script to
do that for me but with little luck , I managed to get it to change a status
of a child ticket but not apply a comment/corresspondence ..I got this far:
Condition: on comment
Action:User defined
Custom action preparation code:
########################
 my $Members = $self->TicketObj->Members();
while (my $link = $Members->Next){
$RT::Logger->debug("Inside the while");
       my $Member = $link->BaseObj;
        $RT::Logger->debug("Checking Member: " . $Member);
        $Member->Comment($self->TransactionObj->Content());
        $Member->SetStatus('silent');
}
return 1;

I also tried $Member->Comment('$self->TransactionObj->Content()');

Can't figure out how to apply a commnet ..any help will be appreciated ..

Roy