[rt-users] rtname, namespace, etc

Leo List leo.list at cps.com.au
Thu Mar 31 23:30:13 EST 2005

Our Customer support desk supports a number of different Web Based
applications. These applications have different support email addresses
and different domains. Ideally, I would like to run RT out of one
configuration and database, but I guess that only one $rtname is
supported. While I know how to change the templates to generate
different replies for different queues, I don't know how to set RT up
when a customer replies as by all accounts this uses $rtname.

When I change the wording of the default auto reply template from

Please include the string:

         [{$rtname} #{$Ticket->id}]

Please include the string:

         myname.com.au [ #{$Ticket->id}]

The generated message meets our requirements, but when someone replies
to the message a new ticket is generated. I know why this happens, but
would like a to find a way around this if possible.

Thanks,

Leo