[rt-users] fetchmail issue

Bech-Yagher, Cirstyn CBY at Teleplan.no
Mon May 2 14:49:32 EDT 2005

Hi again,

I have a fetchmail isue I can't seem to be able to solve.

I first kept getting fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 127 -
googled, looked it up, and solved it
THEN I met error # 128. googled, looked it up and updted the cygwin.dll
Which promptly gave me error 75:

C:\Program Files\OurInternet\Common\fetchmail>cd "C:\Program
Files\OurInternet\C
ommon\fetchmail\bin"

C:\Program Files\OurInternet\Common\fetchmail\bin>type
..\rt-mailgate.conf   | f
etchmail.exe -N -d 300 -f -
fetchmail: removing stale lockfile
fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.2.5 daemon
16 messages for administrator at rt.teleplan.no at 213.88.185.56 (39837
octets).
reading message administrator at rt.teleplan.no@213.88.185.56:1 of 16 (1169
octets)
 .RT server error.

The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It
said:

fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 75
 not flushed
reading message administrator at rt.teleplan.no@213.88.185.56:2
<mailto:administrator at rt.teleplan.no@213.88.185.56:2>  of 16 (1552
octets)
 .RT server error.
====

I have tried both IP-address and domain, have tried with full user name
and just admin.
If I set it up as

rt.teleplan.no
administrator and password, I get this:

fetchmail: Authorization failure on administrator at rt.teleplan.no
<mailto:administrator at rt.teleplan.no>
fetchmail: Query status=3 (AUTHFAIL)
fetchmail: sleeping at Mon May  2 20:41:02 2005

The account itself is capable of receiving and sending mail in mail
clients on the server - sysadmin set up a pop3 service for us on it -
could it be this is interfering ?

I also updated from the 3.0.12 windows version to the 3.4.0 test
version, and the error is the same on both.

Grateful for any help :-)