[rt-users] fetchmail issue

Filip Jonckers fjonckers at Interconnect.be
Mon May 23 06:01:04 EDT 2005

I had to install cygwin on the RT server before I could get fetchmail
working:

- install cygwin
- startup cygwin while logged on as the user that will run the fetchmail
(the user account home dir needs to be created under cygwin - fetchmail
needs it for temp files)
- replace the fetchmail cygwin.dll with the one in the cygwin
installation
- make sure the fetchmail script can logon to your mail server (I used
imap4)

Filip

________________________________

	From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of
Bech-Yagher, Cirstyn
	Sent: maandag 2 mei 2005 20:50
	To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
	Subject: [rt-users] fetchmail issue

	Hi again,

	I have a fetchmail isue I can't seem to be able to solve.

	I first kept getting fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 127
- googled, looked it up, and solved it
	THEN I met error # 128. googled, looked it up and updted the
cygwin.dll
	Which promptly gave me error 75:

	C:\Program Files\OurInternet\Common\fetchmail>cd "C:\Program
Files\OurInternet\C
	ommon\fetchmail\bin"

	C:\Program Files\OurInternet\Common\fetchmail\bin>type
..\rt-mailgate.conf   | f
	etchmail.exe -N -d 300 -f -
	fetchmail: removing stale lockfile
	fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.2.5 daemon
	16 messages for administrator at rt.teleplan.no at 213.88.185.56
(39837 octets).
	reading message administrator at rt.teleplan.no@213.88.185.56:1 of
16 (1169 octets)
	 .RT server error.

	The RT server which handled your email did not behave as
expected. It
	said:

	fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 75
	 not flushed
	reading message administrator at rt.teleplan.no@213.88.185.56:2
<mailto:administrator at rt.teleplan.no@213.88.185.56:2>  of 16 (1552
octets)
	 .RT server error.
	====

	I have tried both IP-address and domain, have tried with full
user name and just admin.
	If I set it up as

	rt.teleplan.no
	administrator and password, I get this:

	fetchmail: Authorization failure on administrator at rt.teleplan.no
<mailto:administrator at rt.teleplan.no>
	fetchmail: Query status=3 (AUTHFAIL)
	fetchmail: sleeping at Mon May  2 20:41:02 2005

	The account itself is capable of receiving and sending mail in
mail clients on the server - sysadmin set up a pop3 service for us on it
- could it be this is interfering ?

	I also updated from the 3.0.12 windows version to the 3.4.0 test
version, and the error is the same on both.

	Grateful for any help :-)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This E-mail message and any documents which accompany it are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader is not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this E-mail message is prohibited.  If you have received this E-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.