[rt-users] rt and ldap or active directory

Stephen Hancock sh.hancock at gmail.com
Thu May 5 07:45:21 EDT 2005

We are extremely interested in this also and it is one of our first
priorities before going into produciton this summer (however it is not
a showstopper). We will be going live with RT 3.2.4 (+RTFM) and Fedora
Core 3 with modperl. This is on a mixed MS Server / linux environment
where most of the workstations and servers are MS but the firewall,
RT,Bugzilla,wiki and some fileservers are on linux (Fedora Core 3),
We hope to add a wiki section on this, or contribute to one along with
our integration of RT and Bugzilla. RT is working fine at the present
time and the integration with AD is the last missing piece for us.
There are scattered bits of email on this in the list archives but
nothing much of any substance for our capabilities (low on
programming, more admin types used to cut and paste type mods). I
think the main problem here has been that most of the previous posts
have been those trying to get LDAP integration with AD to work for the
first time, which is a different issue than getting RT to work with it
after it is in place. We have yet to get AD authorization working well
for anything yet so have been holding off on addressing the RT
integration.  In the mean time we are monitoring any discussion of
this with great interest.