[rt-users] Custom Fields visibility - Logic bug or intentional?

Richard Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Tue May 17 08:57:52 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 13:16, Todd Chapman wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 01:40:35PM +0100, Richard Ellis wrote:
> > Yes its a pre 3.4 Global CF, but if you have to define the permissions
> > for Global CF's post 3.4 so that they appear for the ordinary user,
> > surely it is logical to be able to prevent them from appearing at the
> > queue level.
> >
> > Otherwise, I would need to remove it as a global and redefine it again.
> > I wouldn't like to guess how existing data would react to that.
> >

> Are you sure the global CF is not a different CF that happens
> to have the same name? ALso, what version for RT?
Hi Todd,

This is 3.4.2 running on Solaris 9 with perl 5.8.6, MySQL 4.0.18 and
Apache 1.3.33.

If I look at the Global -> Custom Fields -> Tickets, 'url' is defined as
a global. It is set so that everyone can see it via group options.

If I then go to Custom Fields -> Select custom field and remove the
particular queue from the Applies to list for 'url', it still appears on
the queue which it is delisted from.