[rt-users] Custom Fields visibility - Logic bug or intentional?

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Tue May 17 08:46:13 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 01:57:52PM +0100, Richard Ellis wrote:
> Hi Todd,
>
> This is 3.4.2 running on Solaris 9 with perl 5.8.6, MySQL 4.0.18 and
> Apache 1.3.33.
>
> If I look at the Global -> Custom Fields -> Tickets, 'url' is defined as
> a global. It is set so that everyone can see it via group options.
>
> If I then go to Custom Fields -> Select custom field and remove the
> particular queue from the Applies to list for 'url', it still appears on
> the queue which it is delisted from.

Right or wrong, the way RT currently works is that if a CF is global
then it applies to all queues, period. If you don't want it to
apply to all queues it can't be global.

There used to be a bug that if a CF was global and also applied
individually to a queue, then the CF would appear twice. That
seems to be fixed in 3.4.2.

If you think about it, why would you mark the CF as global and then
think that NOT appying it to the queue would make it go away for
that queue? That would mean to have a global CF you would have to
make it global and also apply it to every queue.

-Todd