[rt-users] Custom Fields visibility - Logic bug or intentional?

Richard Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Tue May 17 08:40:35 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 13:05, Todd Chapman wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 11:20:52AM +0100, Richard Ellis wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I haven't seen this asked yet, so I apologise if I have missed a thread.
> >
> > If a Custom field is set so that it is visible to everyone, but a queue
> > is removed from the applies to, is it supposed to still appear in that
> > queue?
> >
> > I would think that if it doesn't apply to a queue, then it shouldn't be
> > visible.
> >
> > Discovered this today while adding 128 custom fields and updating the
> > 'rights/applies to' for all of them
> >

> Are you sure that the CF is not also defined as global?

Yes its a pre 3.4 Global CF, but if you have to define the permissions
for Global CF's post 3.4 so that they appear for the ordinary user,
surely it is logical to be able to prevent them from appearing at the
queue level.

Otherwise, I would need to remove it as a global and redefine it again.
I wouldn't like to guess how existing data would react to that.