[rt-users] Passing a ticket to an external email address.

Norton, Ian i.norton at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 19 08:15:48 EDT 2005

Hi all,

We're currently only using RT within a subset of our support staff.
I'm trying to assign a ticket to a queue for a group of people who don't
use RT, mail them the details and then resolve it.

My initial thoughts on this have been that I can use a combination of
AddTicketHistoryToMail and OnResolveOnce scrip bits.
This is working in that I can generate an email with the ticket history
to an email address and resolve the ticket.
This is done using two scrips, one that resolves the ticket and another
that sends an email on resolve.

My current problem is that if the ticket is passed back to an RT email
address, it will re-open the original ticket.
I'd rather it generate a new ticket in the right queue than re-open the
old one.

I can't find a way to override the subject line of the email to remove
the ticket number.

So my three questions are:

Is anyone else doing this, and if so how?
Does anyone have a better way to do this?
Is it possible to override the subject line in a template?

Thanks.

Ian.
--
Ian Norton