[rt-users] Scrips - email or web interface?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu May 19 12:01:55 EDT 2005

[Sorry about the duplicate - I sent before I was ready...]

At Thursday 5/19/2005 08:23 AM, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
>Stephen Turner wrote:
>
>>Is there a way in an "OnCorrespond" scrip to determine whether the
>>correspondence was sent to RT by email or was entered through the web
>>interface?
>
>I use "recieved header field" hack for that. Email has that field always.

Thanks Ruslan -

I had already tried something else that seems to work - looking at the
MessageId attribute of the transaction's message attachment. It seems that
email messages have a value in there, web replies don't. Can someone
confirm or deny if my assumption is true?

in a scrip condition for a Correspond transaction:

if ($self->TransactionObj->Message->First->MessageId)
      it's an incoming email reply
else
     it's a web reply

Thanks,