[rt-users] RT 3.4.2 installation woes

Ken O'Driscoll rt-lists at ieinternet.com
Tue May 24 06:35:19 EDT 2005

Hello Adrian,

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 08:45, Adrian Close wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So, I'm going slightly nuts trying to deploy RT 3.4.2 in a virgin Debian
> Woody environment.  Having installed PostgreSQL 7.4, built my own Perl
> 5.8.6 and mod_perl 1.29 DSO and satisified all the Perl dependencies via
> the CPAN shell, as well as configured up Apache, I appear to be
> tantalisingly close to a working installation.  Oh, and I installed RT as
> well (including the database setup).  ;)
>
> What I have now is something I can log into as 'root' with the default
> password and click around a bit in.  However, many links (e.g.
> Tickets) result in content my browser (Firefox) wants to download rather
> than display, presumably because it still looks a lot like Mason code as
> opposed to renderable HTML.  Other links, such as "Configuration -> Users"
> do kinda work.
>
> Something akin to Mason does indeed appear to be parsing the raw files and
> producing content, because if I comment out, say, "PerlHandler RT::Mason"
> in httpd.conf, I get plain code in my browser (i.e. no download dialog).
>
> Does this ring any bells for anyone?  Have I missed something small, yet
> vital?  I'll keep plugging away, but any clues would be appreciated.

Yes, this does ring a bell for me.  This exact issue happened to me on
3.0.6 with Apache 1.3/Mod Perl under RedHat.  I think I had to do
something funky with Apache. Would it be possible for you to post the
relevant sections of your httpd.conf while I try to dig out my notes?

 - Ken.

--
This email has passed through an IE Internet MailWall gateway
and has been screened for known viruses, potential viruses and

IE Internet.com MailWall (http://ieinternet.com/mailwall/)