[rt-users] LDAP_Overlay Questions

Stevo checkpoint at ozbergs.com
Thu May 26 16:24:28 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I have a brand spanking new install of RT 3.4.2 and have the ldap_overlay authenticating against my AD controllers and can log into RT's web interface just fine (using my AD creds).  I do,however, have a couple of issues to nut out:

1) When the account is auto-created (from the user logging in via the web interface), the email address of the AD user is not populated into RT.  Is there a way to do this automatically?  The next step is to use the mailgate to enable email, but I wanted to make sure the web side was working first.

2) If a user is auto-created using the web interface and I check the box in their account that "Lets this user be granted rights", when the user logs in, they don't have super-user rights like the root user does.  Like they can't see the queue (just the default general one that's created), nor can they see the configuration tab.  Is there a way to make that user a super-user like the root account?

Thanks for your help

-Stevo