[rt-users] Approval: Hiding the ticket?

Adrian Carter cartera at lei.net.au
Tue May 31 21:10:41 EDT 2005

Hi all,
    I've followed the wiki instructions for getting group approval
working using the AdminCC field in RT 3.4.2 . The approval process works
a treat to the point that the ticket appears in the "10 Newest Unowned"
as "(pending approval)" but if you inspect any of the queues directly
the ticket appears simple as status "New" and you can click into and
"work" on a ticket right up to actually clicking 'update ticket' at
which point it then refuses it bases on "Unresolved Dependencies".

    Is it possible to prevent a ticket being 'examined' at all untill
its approval ticket is approved?? My guys have a carry over from their
last system where they 'click into' a ticket first, work on it, THEN
update the notes... which means that they can actually have worked on a
non=approved ticket without actually being aware of that untill AFTER
they have done the work :(

    Is there a way to perhaps just HIDE non-approved tickets? I guess
its a tweak on teh SELECT's for the queue lists... ANy suggestions
guys!?!?!?

--
Adrian Carter
Technical Manager

Web	  http://www.lei.net.au http://support.lei.net.au
Direct    +61 2 6163 6162  Support 1 300 662 415
E-mail    cartera at lei.net.au