[rt-users] Sort Ordernot working - highest priority tickets

Les Stott support at cyberpro.com.au
Wed Nov 16 07:30:22 EST 2005

Hi All,

Im using RT 3.4.2 on Fedora Core 3.

I can successfully re-order the front page by modifying
/opt/rt3/local/html/Elements/MyTickets as such....

OrderBy => 'LastUpdated',
        Order => 'DESC',

If i click on the "Highest Priority Tickets I own" on the front page,
its default is to be sorted by Priority.

I would like to Sort by LastUpdated in descending (highest at top) order
followed by date
created in descending order (newest at the top).

As far as i can tell that would mean an additional edit also in
/opt/rt3/local/html/Elements/MyTickets such as....

my $QueryString = '?' . $m->comp('/Elements/QueryString',
            Query => $Query,
            Order => 'DESC|DESC',
            OrderBy => 'LastUpdated|Created') if ($Query);

However this does not work. It still only sorts by priority.

I may have the syntax wrong for multiple sorting but even if i only want
to sort on one field, it would still not work. I.e this also did not work...

my $QueryString = '?' . $m->comp('/Elements/QueryString',
            Query => $Query,
            Order => 'DESC',
            OrderBy => 'LastUpdated') if ($Query);

The string for the "Highest Priority Tickets" in
/opt/rt3/local/html/Elements/MyTickets reads as....

<&|/Elements/TitleBox,
        title => loc('[_1] highest priority tickets I own', $rows),
        title_href => "Search/Results.html".$QueryString &>

This is the default.

Can anyone help with the syntax for sorting and a way to achive what i need?

TIA,

p.s. between testing different strings i have restarted apache, cleared
internet cache, all the usual things. etc etc, but still with no luck.

Regards,

Les