[rt-users] Problem using profiler with standalone_httpd

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Fri Nov 18 11:46:01 EST 2005

Has anyone else experienced the following problem attempting to use the
perl profiler on RT using RT's standalone web server, standalone_httpd?
I can run RT successfully using standalone_httpd, but when I do:

$ sudo /usr/local/bin/perl -d:DProf
/usr/local/rt3_experimental/bin/standalone_httpd 8088

I get this error message:

want panicked: I've been asked to find a null return address.
  (Are you trying to call me from inside a tie handler?)
  at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/darwin-2level/Want.pm line
100, <DATA> line 16.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.3, RT 3.4.4.  I got the same error using the
stock Apple perl, 5.8.6, so I just installed perl 5.8.7 from source,
installed all the RT dependencies, and retried, with the result you see
above.

As an aside, is standalone_httpd documented anywhere (not that it needs
much documentation, I guess)?

Thanks for any pointers,
Kevin Murphy