[rt-users] Time in hours

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Nov 18 13:16:07 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 10:07:51AM -0800, Ken Crocker wrote:
> I don't know about anyone elese, but I've never, in 35 years in this
> business, heard of keeping track of work in minutes. Even Microsoft
> Project only goes as low as 1/4 hours. Is there anyway we can get the RT
> masters to change the time fields to hours and also calculate time
> estimated minus time worked giving time left? It seems like a small
> thing but it really would make sense. Just a suggestion (don't want to
> offend anyone's sensitivities). Thanks.

It's really a mistake that the field granularity isn't in seconds. Do
note that RT gets used in a lot of scenarios that aren't project
management. Even scenarios where some of the actors are automated
agents.

But have a look at RT 3.5, where we give you your choice of minutes and
hours ;)

Jesse

(FWIW It seems fairly common in the legal profession to bill in increments
of hundredths of an hour.)