[rt-users] FastCGI Problems

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at kuehne-nagel.com
Sat Nov 19 11:15:34 EST 2005

Hi RT Users,

Today i got a strange error on a new installed RT Box. I'm running Apache
1.3 and Mod_fastcgi, both installed from scratch.

If i try to start the apache i got:

Syntax error on line 957 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi: User/Group commands must
preceed FastCGI server definitions

My httpd.conf looks like:

User wwwrun
Group nogroup

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 150 -processes 8
-listen-queue-depth 200 -priority 5

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName rt.domain.de
        ServerAdmin admin at domain.de
        DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
        AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
        Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
        ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
</VirtualHost>

Does anyone know what the error means??? I googled the whole day without
success.

Thanks for any kind of help.

 Thanks in advance
    : Torsten Brumm