[rt-users] TransactionBatch Notifications

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 3 12:55:27 EDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 01:08:56PM -0700, Joby Walker wrote:

> We would like to move all of our notifications (via Scrips) into the
> TransactionBatch stage so that we can ensure some pre-processing before
> an email is sent out, but when using the Ticket/Update.html page a
> couple bugs with the display of Scrip recipients pop up:
>
> 1) The TransactionBatch Scrips do not show up in the list of scrips that
> will send to recipients.
>
> 2) The DryRun done by the page to determine the Scrips and possible
> recipients invokes the TransactionBatch Scrips *NOT* as DryRun and thus
> sends and email with no content to the recipients.
>
> Anyone else come across this and have an easy resolution?

Both of those do sound like bugs to me. I _think_ the answer to 2) is to
make the "CommitScrips" argument to Transaction->Create accessible
after record creation and making RT::Scrips->Apply take note of that.

The answer to 1) is likely forcing the batch to run earlier in the page
flow. I'd be thrilled to see a patch. (And if not a patch, please bounce
this to rt-bugs so it doesn't get lost)

Jesse