[rt-users] Custom Fields Form

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Oct 7 00:13:45 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 04:15:15PM -0500, Brad Pinkston wrote:
> Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I'm new to RT3 and want to create a
> form for each of five queues with the ability to input values into custom
> fields.  What is the best way to do this?  Is there a special format for the
> email when using mailgate?  Do I need to build a form that accesses the DB
> directly?

It sounds like you want to create five separate custom ticket entry
forms, for users whom you don't want to be privileged (entering their
tickets into RT directly); is that it?

If so, yeah, just building an appropriately formatted email and
shipping it to mailgate is one approach; using the commandline tool is
another; I would have *sworn* I'd seen some detail on that on the wiki,
but I can't find it just now.  Notes on the mailgate format should be
in there, too.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"NPR has a lot in common with Nascar... we both turn to the left."
		- Peter Sagal, on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!