[rt-users] Custom Fields Form

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 7 09:55:10 EDT 2005

At Thursday 10/6/2005 05:15 PM, you wrote:
>Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I'm new to RT3 and want to create a
>form for each of five queues with the ability to input values into custom
>fields.  What is the best way to do this?  Is there a special format for the
>email when using mailgate?  Do I need to build a form that accesses the DB
>directly?
>
>Please advise.

Hello Brad,

Welcome to RT. I think the best way to do what you want is one web form for
each queue, each form sending email to the queue's email address. There's
no special email format required to do that.

To get the custom field values from the form into RT, you should use Dirk
Pape's excellent ExtractCustomFieldValues add-on (see
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Contributions under the Scrip
Actions heading). This does involve adding extra headers to the  mail sent
from the form to the RT mailgate.

Good luck.

Steve