[rt-users] Question about Query Builder

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Oct 7 14:52:07 EDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 12:16:12PM -0400, Jeremy Stinson wrote:
> Users are assigned to groups, groups are assigned to queues, rights are
> given to groups on queues. Only the Admin group is given global rights.
> Nobody else has been given any global rights.
>
> I have screwed around with the global rights for all users but it is not
> helping out...

To recap your problem as I understand it:

You have users, who only have access to one queue, using the Query
Builder.  When these users are trying to build a query, the lists of
users (for Owner, etc) display *all* users on the RT installation, and
what you *expect* them to display is "only the users who might be
attached to tickets in this queue".

Is that your problem?

I assume, not having looked at the code, that that pulldown isn't
filtered, but I'm not sure that joining it to "all users who have
$RIGHT on $CURRENTQUEUE", aside from impacting performance a bit,
wouldn't be *overly* restrictive.  (That is, it might preclude you
specifying someone you *want* to specify: specifically, I don't think
email users would show up, since they don't have rights. I'm not sure
how to deal with that.)

Code-hackers: *is* that pulldown in the Querybuildercurrently filtered?

If not, is there any reasonable way to figure out who should pass the
filter to accomplish what Jeremy is looking for?  Or is this *why*
you shouldn't assign separate queues for clients?  ;-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"NPR has a lot in common with Nascar... we both turn to the left."
		- Peter Sagal, on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!