[rt-users] tidy up the user-table!

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Mon Oct 10 11:20:53 EDT 2005

Hello!

we have a problem with the user table. Most of the users
have several entries in the db in the form

loginname1 at host1.domain
loginname1 at host2.domain
realname1 at domain

only the third one is the correct one. Now i utilize a canoncial map
from postfix for the job but my question is how can
I clean up the db.
I can get all the Principals for the different user-entries, but where
should I update the references?

Tickets.Creator?
Tickets.Owner?
ACL?
Groups?
GroupMember?

And is there any way to delete users? I have several thousand spam
users in the table. A perl snippet to delete identified spam user and
the related information would be great.

regards

sven