[rt-users] tidy up the user-table!

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:19:26 EDT 2005

On 10/10/05, Sven Sternberger <sven.sternberger at desy.de> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> we have a problem with the user table. Most of the users
> have several entries in the db in the form
>
> loginname1 at host1.domain
> loginname1 at host2.domain
> realname1 at domain
>
> only the third one is the correct one. Now i utilize a canoncial map
> from postfix for the job but my question is how can
> I clean up the db.
> I can get all the Principals for the different user-entries, but where
> should I update the references?
>
> Tickets.Creator?
> Tickets.Owner?
> ACL?
> Groups?
> GroupMember?
>
> And is there any way to delete users? I have several thousand spam
> users in the table. A perl snippet to delete identified spam user and
> the related information would be great.
I write RTx-Shredder for this(distribution is on the CPAN). I've got
some reports about problems when delete users. I'll fix them in 0.03
and this release would be suitable for your needs.

If you have RT play ground you can try 0.02_02 dev release and see if
it meets your requirments.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.