[rt-users] Refresh problem and duplicate comments

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Oct 10 18:32:47 EDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 11:02:50AM -0400, Todd Chapman wrote:
> That's not a problem with RT. When you press the button to submit
> a comment an HTTP POST is done. If you refresh the page the POST
> is done again.
>
> There are ways this could be avoided by changing RT but it is a
> common problem among web apps.

Indeed it is, and that common fix is that the reply from a POST is a
redirect to the GET that displays the data, rather than merely
returning the data itself.

I wonder how hard the structure of RT makes it to change that; it bites
me occasionally.. although my browser *warns* me before rePOSTing it.

I thought everyone's browser did...

Cheers,
-- jra

	"NPR has a lot in common with Nascar... we both turn to the left."
		- Peter Sagal, on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!