[rt-users] Help: LDAP Authentication

Adam Clarke adam.clarke at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Sep 1 02:19:37 EDT 2005

Shen, Tyler wrote:

> I wonder if anybody can help me with this... I am struggling to make
> RT authenticate through LDAP.

This approach uses a code overlay to retain the web based RT login and
fallback to internal authentiction if that fails.

http://www.justatheory.com/computers/programming/perl/rt/ldap_auth.html

An alternative approach is to use mod_auth_ldap, but that will require
WebExternalAuth = 1 and will use the built in browser auth popup,
fallback to external accounts may be possible but it would not be easy.

>, RT will
> automatically create a new account for the authenticated user. What
> changes should I make in this case. Any suggestion is appreciated!

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?AutoCreateFromExternalUserInfo

The approach listed here also uses a code overlay.

Cheers

--
Adam Clarke
www.strategicdata.com.au