[rt-users] Multiple email addresses for a single login name

Espen Wiborg espenhw at ovitas.no
Wed Sep 7 03:01:01 EDT 2005

Kyle Balling <kballing at sci.utah.edu> writes:
> OK, after hours and hours of pouring over the code in
> /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm I have a solution.
> Now if there is a user, for example Joe, who has two or three or 10
> email addresses, RT will make it work. For example if Joe uses,
> joe at domain1.com and joe at domain2.com he will be able to create tickets by
> email and RT will not create two users or give an error. So here is what
> I changed.
> (From Email.pm  with changes commented ) ---------------
<-snip->
> That seems to work and is a good work around if a single username has to
> be mantained for multiple emails.
> Please tell me if there are any errors.

Is there any reason why overlaying CanonicalizeEmailAddress (or
CanonicalizeUserInfo, if you have complex requirements) will not fit
your needs?

>From a cursory glance at your code, all email addresses joe@<domain>
seem to be mapped to the user joe.  What happens if you have two
distinct users who both have 'joe' as the localpart of (some) of their
mail addresses?  Is this really the intended behaviour?

--
Espen Wiborg <espenhw at ovitas.no>
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.