[rt-users] RT 3.4.2/3.4.3 Perl dependencies problem

Max btmanmeh at verizon.net
Wed Sep 7 11:22:54 EDT 2005

David Glasser wrote:

> If you can't get Test::More installed properly, then I wouldn't be
> surprised if you can't get the test suite of the other modules to  work
> -- Test::More is used pretty extensively in test suites these days.

After much correspondence with another having the same issues as I was
with this post, we finally got it narrowed down to an offending
HTML::Mason issue. We ended up installing Pod::Tests first, force
installing WWW::Mechanize, and Test::More. Then I ended up installing
DBIx::SearchBuilder manually as well. After that, HTML::Mason version
1.28 was installed from tarball (It does not play well with 1.31).

This seemed to cure the issues with Asset Tracker and RTFM not showing
up in the menus. It also cured some other odd behavior RT was
exhibiting. I just wanted to post back about this issue in case others
could find it helpful.

Max