[rt-users] Suggestion for $RTAddressRegexp

O'Brien, Kevin Kevin.OBrien at sonyconnect.com
Tue Sep 20 13:55:55 EDT 2005

True.  But I will quote RFC 2821:

The local-part of a mailbox MUST BE treated as case sensitive.
Therefore, SMTP implementations MUST take care to preserve the case of
mailbox local-parts. Mailbox domains are not case sensitive. In
particular, for some hosts the user "smith" is different from the user
"Smith". However, exploiting the case sensitivity of mailbox local-parts
impedes interoperability and is discouraged.

So, I would imagine that a far superior number of the users have mailers
that followed the heeding of the RFC and have not used case sensitivity.
Also, this is not modifying the address just telling the regex to ignore
case when trying to determine if the address is an RT address.  At the
very least, you would need to split the local-part and the domain since,
per the RFC, domains are case insensitive.

-=Kevin=-

  _____