[rt-users] User groups with non-priv users

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 15:03:27 EDT 2005

On 9/20/05, Vance Vagell <vance.vagell at audiumcorp.com> wrote:
> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Thank you for the reply.  The problem with making all of these users
> privileged is that they then see a different "home" when they login.
Yeah, SelfService.

> For example, right now they can only see the tickets they own.  As soon
> as I make them privileged, they then see a list of tickets they own and
> unowned tickets.  Perhaps this is just another configuration option that
I think they see it only because you've configured your RT to show all
Queues/Tickets to privileged users. It's better to manage rights of
your staff members via groups too.

> I need to change, to maintain the look of "home" between privileged and
> unprivileged users?
>
> In short, is there any way a user can be added to a group if they are
> not privileged?
There is one trick in RT you can use: mark user as privileged, add him
to group, make him unprivileged again. This is messy, but it works
because users still have rights via group membership even they
unprivileged.

I can't say that it's possible to limit privileged interface to
SelfService equivalent with rights management, but shure they can be
pretty close.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.