[rt-users] RT Vs SalesLogix

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Thu Sep 22 00:53:57 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 01:20:29PM +1000, Ben Robson wrote:

> Does anyone here have any experience with SalesLogix that they
> might lend me to aid me in convincing the company to stick with
> RT?

I've worked with a company that has an extensive SalesLogix
deployment. With the recent EOL of Windows 2000, as well as the
recent reports about Vista, they're starting to research
alternative platforms. They have no particular problem with
SalesLogix, except that it's locked-in, both to the vendor and
Windows.

The cost of something like SalesLogix is compounded by expensive OS
licenses; if the company could move its key application (SalesLogix)
off Windows, they'd do so. But, since they're stuck with the
application and its platform, IT decisions are, in effect, made for
them and in advance.

The C(E|O) wish they had more flexibility now; hopefully your boss
can think ahead a bit and imagine his IT situation in the near/mid
term. Actually, hopefully *you* can explain to him what he'd face
two years down the road running SalesLogix and what he'd face
running RT. If you do your job right, it should be a piece of cake.
: )

Good luck,

--

[Will Maier]---------------[willmaier at ml1.net/wcmaier at jabber.ccc.de]