[rt-users] RT Vs SalesLogix

Jonathan Kelly j.kelly at julien.ca
Thu Sep 22 10:04:00 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 01:20:29PM +1000, Ben Robson wrote:

> Does anyone here have any experience with SalesLogix that they might
> lend me to aid me in convincing the company to stick with RT?

This begs the question: what are the features of SalesLogix that your
company needs? In my opinion, ticket-tracking is a subset of what is
offered by a CRM system. Of course, it's possible to achieve a lot using
RT and custom fields but you'll still be missing all the nice salesforce
automation features, dashboards, graphs, etc. that executives love.

However, in these dark and troubled times where oil prices are shooting
through the roof and hurricanes are destroying whole cities, I believe
companies should spend money wisely. This is where Open Source becomes
very attractive and nice to have features a lot less so. A SalesLogix
licence is, what, around 1K per seat? What about maintenance? This could
be the basis of your business case. Your boss needs to assign a dollar
value to the features RT doesn't provide and then compare the ROI to the
entire project price.

Alternatively, if some SalesLogix features are deemed essential, you
could consider asking Best Practical for a quote to code those into RT
itself. It might be a lot cheaper than paying for all those licences.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel, peut être protégé par le secret professionnel et est à l'usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus.  Toute autre personne est par les présentes avisée qu'il lui est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le distribuer ou le reproduire.  Si le destinataire ne peut être joint ou vous est inconnu, veuillez nous en informer sur-le-champ par téléphone au 1-800-461-3377 et détruire ce message et toute copie de celui-ci. Merci.

This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. Any other person is strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it. If the addressee cannot be reached or is unknown to you, please inform us immediately by telephone at 1-800-461-3377 and delete this e-mail message and destroy all copies. Thank you.