[rt-users] Re: Questions about RT-Escalate and RT-Remind

Tim Bishop T.D.Bishop at kent.ac.uk
Fri Sep 23 04:36:46 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 06:57:35PM -0400, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> 1. The location of the RT3 libraries in our system is
> /usr/local/rt/lib/RT and /usr/local/rt/lib/t as opposed to either the
> /usr/local/packages/rt/lib directory or the
> /usr/local/packages/rt/local/lib directory. Will modifying the scripts
> use lib line be enough or are there other parts of either script that
> will need to be modified?

Just change the lib line. It's different for every system.

> 2. Assuming the /usr/local/rt/lib/RT directory is the proper location
> for the scripts, should the permissions for the scripts be modified to
> reflect those within the directory? For example, the standard
> permissions in effect for all .pm files within the RT subdirectory are
> 755 while the user and group ownership of the same files is root:bin.

The scripts can go anywhere - I have them in the the sbin directory. As
long as the permissions make them executable they'll be fine.

> 3. After the two scripts are installed, what is the best way to
> activate them?  Is simply stopping and restarting the RT application
> enough, or would a system reboot be the better approach?

No, you don't need to stop RT. You just need to run the scripts from
something like cron.

Tim.

--
Tim Bishop,