[rt-users] Issue with rt2 to rt3 conversion

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Sep 28 14:04:58 EDT 2005

Dave Taylor wrote:
> As you can see, I got errors importing the groups and then after it imported
> 30 tickets.  I am able to log into the web interface and see these 30
> tickets as well as all of my groups.  I have been searching the mailing list
> archives for the error seen during the ticket import but haven't found an
> answer to the error.
>
> Can anybody shed some light on this for me, it would be appreciated.  If I
> have left out any pertinent information, please let me know and I apologize
> in advance.

I had problems with the import due to a too new version of
DBIx::SearchBuilder, I believe. I ran the dump out of RT2 with the
version specified for RT2 (0.48 I believe) and then I upgraded to the
version required for RT3 (I used RT 3.2.3 so not sure what version it
was off hand) and then ran the dump into RT3 without any problems. Might
want to check that out, along with any other tips that come along.

Tom