[rt-users] Several Silly Questions

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Sep 30 14:08:56 EDT 2005

for which I didn't see obvious answers on the docu-wiki:

1) Is it possible to get ticket search reports to list exact dates
instead of relative time?  (29 Sep 05, instead of "3 days ago")

2) Is there an easy way to get stalled tickets to appear in the Top 10
list?  (And why isn't that the default?)

And a couple of questions which border on suggestions. :-)

3) Is there a way to pick up the resolution comment onto ticket search
reports?  Alternatively, should there be a dedicated ticket-level field
for that which *can* be put on such reports?  I realize I can do that
with a custom field, and I am, but it's hard to *get* to that field to
enter the data.  Which leads to:

the question I think someone was actually asking the other day:

4) Is there a way to get ticket-level custom fields to appear on the
transaction-level field?  My custom "Resolution Summary" field, frex.
If I could fill it in when resolving the ticket, instead of having to
go another click deep to get to it; it'd be nice.

And, finally:

5) Is there anyway to get a 'fireboard' view of the most recently added
*transactions* for a group or queue?  Something a manager could use to
maintain a tactical overview of Work In Progress?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"NPR has a lot in common with Nascar... we both turn to the left."
		- Peter Sagal, on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!