[rt-users] Problem creating initial rt3 database in mysql, DBD::mysql::db prepare warning:

Steffen Poulsen steffen at forskernet.dk
Wed Apr 5 05:30:13 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to set up a rt install at a gentoo installation at
my daytime job.

Im following the guide at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?GentooInstallGuide, and have
recompiled mysql with support for innodb.

When I'm trying to run the rt-setup-database script and I get something
like this.

sbin # ./rt-setup-database --action init --dba root
--prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your mysql instance on localhost as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
Creating mysql database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
Done setting up database schema.
Now inserting database ACLs
DBD::mysql::db prepare warning:  at ./rt-setup-database line 347.
Died at ./rt-setup-database line 347.

I wonder what is causing the last error message - any ideas on how to
best debug this?

Regards,
Steffen, Denmark